Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review: Creatures of Forever


Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)Creatures of Forever by Christopher Pike

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


More aliens, and reincarnations of past evils... this book kind of had the feeling that it was being made up as you went along. The aspect of Sita's past life that rears its ugly head in this installment had the feeling of being pulled out from a hat. Ah-har! Here's a new past life which we've never even hinted at before! Let's chuck it in and see if we can make a book out of it! It was fascinating enough to keep reading, if somewhat contrived. And there were typos scattered throughout which didn't help. And as for the ending... "she woke up, and it was all a dream.." is SUCH A COP OUT! Okay it wasn't quite like that, but Sita basically was able to go back in time to prevent herself from becoming a vampire... which means NONE of it ever happened. And Sita is such a saint! Even though she's thousands of years old and has taken many innocent lives... enough of that already! We get it!



All in all, I think I should have stopped after the third book in the series... I recommend you do the same. Those were pretty damn great. I reckon anyways.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I read the first Sita book - I think it's called "The Last Vampire", yeah? I enjoyed it, but not enough to keep reading.

    I don't think being able to travel back in time should effectively erase your "past" (har har) transgressions ... and I hate that kind of "it was all just a dream" thing in books, too.

    ReplyDelete